Welcome to the Pitts, Williams & Jones website
In 1891, Pitts, Williams & Jones was founded when Philip Henry Pitts, great-grandfather of Henry Pitts, joined N.H.R. Dawson to form Dawson and Pitts. Philip Henry Pitts and Alexander Davidson Pitts, subsequently formed Pitts and Pitts. In 1901, Philip Henry Pitts became Probate Judge in Dallas County and Judge Pitts’ son, Arthur M. Pitts, practiced with Alexander Davidson Pitts. Arthur M. Pitts was later joined in the the practice by his son, W. McLean Pitts. The current firm and it’s predecessors have operated continuously since that date and is the oldest lawfirm in the area. The firm serves Central and West Alabama and offers a wide range of legal services. Areas of practices include general civil litigation and trial practice, real estate, probate, corporate, and business law, insurance, personal injury, domestic relations, criminal and municipal law.